Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Despondency

Whatever have I become?
An echo of my pain filled past
An empty shell of self loathing
Of which destined to succumb

Let my death be my rebirth
And suffer no more my anguish
Cry myself to sleep every night
Struggle against low self worth

Where did the honesty go?
The blissful girl who once was me
The free spirited sincere smile
The one you killed long ago

Why did you have to break me?
I was a tender fragile child
Full of innocence and wonder
Happy to live and be free

Now as tears caress my cheeks
I attempt to hold back a sigh
Restrain the overwhelming cry
And the vengeance my soul seeks.


1 comment:

StephJP said...

haha sounds a lot like the jokes we make. Not that this is funny at all, just reminds me of jokes.

I'm so confusing, don't talk to me.