Friday, October 26, 2007

There Was A Time.

I've been trying to write lately. It's been working too mind you. The first piece of writing is a song, which DOES have a guitar part written out... but there is NO way in hell that I'm attempting to write out the tab because just to fathom writing down something the way I play it... is scary and looks time consuming. So you'll have to... uh yeah, wait for a recording or something LMAO. The second piece of writing is a free verse poem... 'nuff said.


Shades of Grey

There's a time for the world to turn blue,
There's a time for the sky to fall.
There's a time to give in to despair
But hey, who cares?

When your lonely heart calls it quits,
When you find yourself down and out.
When you feel the world stops spinning,
I will still be there.

-chorus-

If I could give you anything,
I'd make this less cliché
If I could give you anything
I'd paint it out in shades of grey,
But as it stands, in black and white,
I love you.

If you notice, when I look at you,
If you smile, I'll smile too.
If you're sad, it'll be Okay,
And you'll see the shades of grey.

-chorus-

If I could give you anything,
I'd make this less cliché
If I could give you anything,
I'd paint it out in shades of grey,
But as it stands, in black and white,
I love you.

You'll know it., shades of grey.
You'll see it, shades of grey.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Premonition

The victim is a heartless killer
The villan on his hit list
The cruel world of today
Thrust into the peaceful dwelling of the future
Can this be true?

Loving a lover's daughter
Bends the mind around the silver spoon
A love like tomorrow
Hated in the past
Is it time to renew?

Fall up into the sky
The laws of physics don't apply
Winter's tears are burning hot
Summer screams as if shot
Is it not all overdue?

The pain wretched into your pleasure
Matters only when you breathe
Bitter sweet, costing life in excess
Shoot the non believers
Is there time to review?

Evaporate the minions of truth
The gateway between worlds
Is at a standstill this dawn
Folding into the twilight
Does it know the morning dew?

Hearts beating in and out of sync
Changing topics so quickly think
This fairytale must have an end
Something reminiscent of a friend
Is there anyway this will all get through?


1 comment:

StephJP said...

Whoo, omg, those were good. I've already read premonition, and you already know what I said before. I think. Either way, I'm not saying it again. The song is really good though, I want to hear the recording. Send it over sometime, ok?

<3 I miss you!