Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vicious Play Of Words

Vicious Play of Words
If I told you I wanted you,
Would you say I'm always yours?
If I told you I needed you beside me,
Would you come and stand?
~
*Chorus*
' Cause I can tell you anything
Without being a victim
To the vicious play of words
That makes people posess, obcess, regress without a clue
As to how to fix the way that they act, things they attract aren't new.
Maybe that's what I see in you.
~
If I asked you a question,
Would you tell me the truth?
And if I asked you to lie for me,
Would you do that too?
~
All I want is for someone,
To listen to me.
Maybe then, maybe then,
I could break free.
~
*Chorus*
~
I don't understand,
How people can be so deaf.
You aren't one of them.
I think you understand.
~
*Chorus*
Maybe that's what I see in you.
So the chord configurations are pretty basic. Verses 1, 2, and 3 are all pattens of Em, C, and D. All for four beats I think... Perhaps not. (I'm writing this so I remember how to play it). The chorus starts on a G then goes to an F# to a Bm. It alternates from F# to B minor for a while and then back to a G at the end. From the G we go to an Em, to a C, back to an Em. Then we do another verse. The last verse is a little different. It includes (at this point) random picking of the chords Em and C. That's about it. At the end of the song, the guitar fades before the vocals cut off.

No comments: