Sunday, February 1, 2009

Backlog.

2009

Good morning. Blink. Good afternoon. Blink. Good evening. Blink. Good night. Blink.

Narcolepsy, one of the wonders of the human mind.

How delightful to blink and wake up at a different time, in a different place. Day after day after day. Everything seems to meld together into one massive thing. Everyday is just a part of one long day.

A month goes by.

"Who am I? Where am I? What month is it? Which year?"

Exaggeration.

It is now January, I feel as though I just woke up for the first time since September. In a room full of friends. A room full of new faces. A room. It's spinning. Am I about to fall back asleep? No. I think I'm awake. Finally. How droll.

I remember this time last year. I was in a strange house full of strange people I barely knew. Plastic faces plastered to my dry-wall memory. I remember. It was so fake. Now I ask myself, why?

Why?

Because there was nothing better to do? No. Because he was there. He wanted me there. So I went. Am I just a puppy; destined to worship ever pretty face who returns my devotion? No. Because I'm here. With people who care. I'm here, out of my own accord, because I want to be. Not because of one individual.

I'm not as blind as I appear perhaps.

Blink.

It is four years from now. Where am I? Who are you? I don't understand!
"Happy New Year Darling!" He calls out and kisses me fiercely against the wall.

Blink.

It is now again. I am back in 2009. Will that happen? Could it? No. Because I am different now. I am not the same person, chasing the same people. The same ideas. I'm no longer a dog chasing cars.

I have a "car".

I have a life and and I'm content to spend the rest of it in the same fashion as I've been doing this past two months.

Blink.

It is now six years from now.

"Hello guys. Happy New Year, here's to another six."

-New Years Eve 2009-



No comments: