Sunday, February 1, 2009

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph.

Mood: Adjacent to 'fine', but closer to 'neutral'.
Music: Piano Lessons - Porcupine Tree.
Drink: Fruit Punch.
Outlook on Life: Neither here nor there.
Current Thoughts: Medicine is the death of modern man.

I wonder why the world turns 'round, and why the sky doesn't fall though it's far from the ground. I wonder who I am to be allowed to wonder such scandals. I wonder about death and what happens after the fact. I wonder about human existence, and whether or not it is real. I wonder what real is. I wonder.

Does this mean I think?

I can not simply think that the world turns around, and that the sky doesn't fall - can I? I can not simply think that I am allowed to think. I can not think that there is something after death. I can not think on what is real. I can not think about my existence, because I have no way of knowing any of these things are real. Because I do not know. And no one else knows. Because knowledge is not fact. It can not be reality, if no one knows what is real.

Is anything real?


I think, therefore I am.


Am I?


But of course I must be. Because I think. Because I wonder. Therefore I must be. It doesn't matter as to WHAT I am. All I know is I am. Because I think. So if I know I am, because I think. Does that not make some knowledge real?

Could we not prove the existence of reality by the knowledge of ourselves?

But does that mean, we all exist inside our heads? Or does that mean that reality is open to interpretation? Would our mind be so complex as to invent our reality, or are we all crazed psychic brains all hallucinating in sync so that our realities all appear the same?

I think, therefore I exist.

Knowledge. I know I exist. I don't know what I am. But I KNOW I exist. Therefore reality must be real, at least to me. Because I exist, I perceive, and as long as I perceive, there is reality. But it is my reality. It will be different from other's realities. But it is real to me. And therefore it is reality.


Reality exists, as I exist, for if I didn't exist, my reality wouldn't exist, and there would be nothing.

No comments: